Can you believe it is already 2013? Time really does fly, and as we start a new year, many of us are left asking where the time went.
While you may not be able to account for all of your activities for the past year, a recent survey by the Bureau of Labor Statistics did analyze how the average Americans spent a typical day.
Below is a breakdown of where our time really does go:
• Time spent sleeping: 8 hours, 42 minutes
• Those who were employed spent about 8 hours working (including commute time)
• Amount of time spent watching television: 2 hours, 45 minutes, which accounted for about half of our leisure time and was our third most time-consuming activity.
• Overall, men engaged in leisure activities, including sports, recreation, exercise, etc for 5 hours, 33 minutes, compared with 4 hours, 53 minutes for women.
• Women shopped 26 minutes, while men hit the stores for 22 minutes.