I like to think I’m a nice looking girl, but lately I’ve gotten a lot of compliments regarding my skin and hair which has boosted my confidence more than ever. I don’t wear makeup, and I refuse to fall for the latest beauty craze. From wrinkles to bad hair days, the answer is simple; I believe that beauty rest can be the answer to a lot of your problems. I am no professional but here is what I’ve picked up over the years. Call it a guide from me to you.
6 Easy Steps to a More Beautiful You
1. Before Bed Beauty Prep – Every beauty queen should be flawless no matter where they’re headed. Even if that is bed. Preparing yourself for bed makes the occasion a special one.
- Take a hot bath/shower to wash away the day.
- Wash your face using cleanser appropriate for your skin type.
- Brush your teeth!
2. Drink a glass of hot tea/warm milk – I’ve been doing this since I was a kid and it really helps calm me down and forget about everything that happened that day. Look at it as a wind down session. Add some soft music (no lyrics) and try not to fall asleep with the cup in your hand.
3. Wrap your hair using a silk bonnet or use silk-like pillow case. (Lux Living pillows work great!) According to my great grandma, the smoothness of this fabric is easier on your skin and hair than cotton.
4. Be faithful to yourself – You wouldn’t be late to your hair or nail appointment. Your sleep appointment should be of the same importance. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day. To avoid bags under your eyes, plan for 7-8 hours of shut eye.
5. Don’t eat or drink before bed – You don’t want to interrupt your beauty sleep by having to get up in the middle of the night and use the restroom.
6. Train your mind – Go to bed thinking “I will be beautiful when I wake up”. Sounds cheesy but the mind is a powerful tool. You will see the changes if you believe in them.
This blog was submitted by Raquel Madkins, one of our awesome interns in Houston.